Wednesday, February 8, 2017

God's Dreams

A few weeks ago, our pastor posed the question, “What are God’s dreams for you?”

What? God has dreams for me? If that’s true, they must be awesome, because God thinks big. And if He’s got dreams for me, he must have them for my kids, grandkids, friends and neighbors. And if that’s true, it’s time well spent asking Him what those dreams are.

      There have been times in my life when God has brought specific individuals or circumstances into my heart for prayer. Not just a simple request, but what the Bible refers to as 'fervent prayer' - the kind that drives you to your knees and is often accompanied by tears. Those strong nudges from within are the Spirit's urges calling us to the work of prayer.

      Sad to say, I'm not always as in tune with the Spirit's leading as I'd like to be. But when I've paid attention, it didn't take long to notice that God was up to something - and allowing me to be part of it. What could be more faith building than that? To see someone's life change or see the kingdom flourish in some way gives us a glimpse of God's dreams for us and our world.

       It's one a thing to realize that God has plans for us. But dreams ... that seems so much more integral to a Father/child relationship. It seems bigger somehow. Anything is within the realm of dreams. Just look at the immensity and variety within creation. That, too was God's dream. Wow!

      I wonder what the world would look like if all God's children considered His dreams for the world and paid close attention to the Spirit's stirrings in our prayer lives.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. (Eph 6:18)



No comments:

Post a Comment